Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

WarrenBuffetsDriver t1_j5gyne5 wrote

Haven't been there since the rebrand and haven't seen a reason to try it yet given other similar spots and the time they close.

SpicyMargarita143 t1_j5hmg3y wrote

It’s the same people who ran it originally, just with a nicer interior

WarrenBuffetsDriver t1_j5hoyd4 wrote

The daughter who took it over did a complete re-brand, not for the better.

Cut portions + raised prices + shifted menu (no more combo for example and added avocado toast options), wanting it to not be a diner any longer. The one in Edgewater still has the same offerings and I believe her brother runs that.

EagleFly_5 t1_j5hpkdk wrote

Correct, the owner of Brownstone Pancake Factory’s sister runs Life Pancake Company, and it all stemmed from the OG family diner in Jersey City. Won’t expect too much of the fun as BPF and not as expensive, but it works like a charm.

Agree with others here, the hours are a bit wonky for a diner restaurant like this, feels like they’d miss out on business if they only opened a bit earlier (maybe 7-8 AM some days), and/or did dinner service.

Jahooodie t1_j5i2w3r wrote

The fact I can’t get a combo platter is frustrating as a customer. Like you don’t have to be what you were, but you have all the stuff just make me a queen combo as a possible dish

Jahooodie t1_j5i0btq wrote

I actually hate the new interior. It’s cold and industrial with a harsh high contrast color and 8 years too late to catch when that was trendy. It lacks comfort and charm and isn’t inviting to me, compared to the old one

oatmealparty t1_j5jcjgy wrote

I went for the first time since the rebrand recently and they were blasting music, at like 11am. Between that and the decor it's like they want it to be a night club. So strange.