Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MaxLane35 t1_j9h33l9 wrote

Hi! I hope you will like what we do. We are the international Alternative rock, Punk band "Another Day Of Glory"! We met each other on the musiciansearch site www.bandmix.com in the summer of 2022. There are only twopeople in our band at this moment. Max Lane (Ukraine) - Guitar, Bass Cesar Henrique da Silva (Brazil) - Vocals, Drums, Keyboards, Mixing and Mastering engineerBut when our album will be done, we will find the rest of the members and reunite for liveperformances. It so happened that our paths crossed in such a difficult time. What is happening inUkraine left a mark in our souls and found expression in our work.Even our logo, a road sign, symbolised the time when the occupiers had just begun a full-scale invasion. The Ukrainians began to paint over all road signs, so the occupiers had bigproblems with logistics. And the holes on the sign are the result of enemy shelling. We were inspired to write this song by Ukrainian heroes who risk their lives for thefreedom of their country!

Another Day Of Glory - The Anthem Of Glory Spotify

Social medias:

YouTube

Instagram

Facebook

abitrolly t1_j9sketb wrote

The riffs are good. The irony of the lyrics is that the anthem can be sung by both sides of the conflict, and the ones who've smelled dead bodies won't be the ones listening to it. There is nothing heroic in the war for me. In other times I would appreciate the lyrics, maybe even as speed metal. But the only music association with that war that I have right now is doom metal with a footage of dead in the dirt covered with the snow of passing winter.

MaxLane35 t1_j9t1pcq wrote

Thanks for your opinion and glad you like the reefs!

Actually, the meaning of lyrics was not about the war as such. It`s about people risking their lives for the freedom and security of their country and families.

I`ve been living in Ukraine all my life and when rockets are constantly flying over your head, I can say with confidence that war is the worst thing that people could do! I am not a warrior and I understand that now I can sleep peacefully only for the reason that the heroes defending our country from invasion are risking their lives. I'm proud of them and this song is our tribute to them.