Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Waggmans t1_j6r24xk wrote

Watched this week’s episode of The Last of Us have we?

sadtastic OP t1_j6rr2wb wrote

Ha ha, yes.

Waggmans t1_j6t2rup wrote

Did they get the look of 2003 Cumbies right? I don't remember.

I used to live in Natick and back then I think the only Cumberland Farms was one that took over a 7/11.

sadtastic OP t1_j6t6ozk wrote

They used the correct logo for the time - though I can’t recall seeing blue and orange striping.

mcgoogz t1_j6r7lxm wrote

king st in northampton

deadted_16 t1_j6r8nd0 wrote

Tatnuck sq Worcester and there's on in Grafton too both have to old blue and orange sign. I think there's still a old pay phone at the one in Grafton lol

Prudent-Trip3608 t1_j6rr1e0 wrote

Yeah cumbys in grafton was supposed to buy the lot across the street and put in a modern store but for whatever reason it didn’t happen

Educational-List8475 t1_j6rfwvj wrote

Chandler street in worcester, in the Tatnuck square area by the CVS. Place looks ancient

irishgypsy1960 t1_j6rk5j2 wrote

Center of Orange has old one. I think the old ones are all on small lots that have no space to rebuild. At least noho and orange are.

eightfingeredtypist t1_j6rocpo wrote

The latest remodel for the Orange Cumberland Farms was to take down the canopy over the pumps. I feel like more of a man, out there gassing up my truck in the falling rain and snow. Not really, I go to anywhere else but the East Main Street Cumbys.

torniz t1_j6t35n8 wrote

Stafford Rd in Fall River, Acushnet Ave in New Bedford, the easternmost one on Rt 28 in Falmouth, and Main Rd in Tiverton.

There are also 4 next gen layouts(with better food options and a car wash) in Mass too. Fall River, New Bedford, and Hanover have the car wash, one of the Falmouth locations has just the new food options.

sadtastic OP t1_j6t6izx wrote

You really know your Cumbies.

torniz t1_j6tddjh wrote

I’m on the road for work all day. Southcoast area mainly, but Falmouth area as well as some of South Shore frequently as well. Cumbies is a good spot to usually grab a bathroom break and/or a drink and snack.

doctor_deny t1_j6smtkd wrote

Fairhaven (68 Main Street) and Acushnet (176 S Main St) are old style ones. They are both on small parcels, so I doubt they can go through a rehab/update similar to the new ones. They both smell horrific inside too.

sadtastic OP t1_j6t7703 wrote

The nice thing about the old ones is they still have the “Chill Zone”.

MassGuardRecruiter t1_j6srdko wrote

There is one in Wareham on Cranberry HWY still rocking the old look.

Away-Reading t1_j6qumbu wrote

No. There was an old school one in Wrentham, but that closed down in the last year.

PsychologicalAgent64 t1_j6qyapc wrote

There is a super old school Cumbies in Assonet on the corner of Jean/S.Main st. Like smallest unit in a tiny strip mall from the 70's style Cumbies.

kaisersmullvood t1_j6r3mu1 wrote

I believe there’s an old school one in north Attleboro

djrondeau t1_j6uvzdy wrote

Yes that one is still going. Can confirm!

monotoonz t1_j6rfkqh wrote

Update how? Like, remodel or change their name from Gulf?

Because if you mean remodel, New Bedford has two old-ass Cumby's. One on the Ave and one on the Boulevard.

A_Man_Who_Writes t1_j6rgaz1 wrote

Northampton.

And there are plenty of old ones in NH.

Hoosac_Love t1_j6rl0oq wrote

What is meant by rebranded,every Cumbies I know says "Cumberland Farms" although the newer ones look newer than the smaller older ones.In my area there is one older Cumbies in Adams most other look super new.

bobmcrobber t1_j6snlpz wrote

The one at 3400 Mendon Road in Cumberland, RI

joeltb t1_j6tpq36 wrote

East Main St. Orange MA

Foxcecil t1_j6u5uml wrote

Tisbury (Martha's Vineyard). It's been the same since the 80s.

This-Recording9461 t1_j6ux7ib wrote

Elm St in Baldwinville, or at least it was last summer.

The Cumby's closer to me has gone completely into the shitter, it's basically a health hazard at this point.

davefanri t1_j6qv7oa wrote

English hedge fund and billionare brothers owns them now. They won't be investing in new ones anytime soon.

Chappy_Sinclair_ t1_j6raak8 wrote

This. Since the Haseotes family sold a few years back many of the shops, even the recently remodeled ones have gone to pot. Some new stores now have no managers and they are filthy (even by Cumby's standards) and some of the stuff I've seen employees do with food would get them shut down if a health inspector saw it.

These days ours is little more than a place for cheaper gas, cheaper coffee and a spot for people to use the restrooms to wash their balls and shoot up.

Son_of_Blorko t1_j6rw1bc wrote

> Since the Haseotes family sold a few years back many of the shops, even the recently remodeled ones have gone to pot.

Holy shit - I had no idea they sold! We've got two of the remodeled stores out here on Nantucket, and over the past few years, one of them has completely lost the plot - always filthy and half-stocked - but the other one is "great."

Chappy_Sinclair_ t1_j6rwx8u wrote

Honestly it's all about the manager.

One I stopped at recently where the lady who was making the breakfast sandwiches had a customer bring her German Shepherd into the food prep area, feed the dog hot dogs from the cooler, let the dogs lick her hands and face and went right back to making breakfast sandwiches without changing gloves or washing hands.

I like dogs and all but that's nasty AF.

I've been to that particular location a bunch of times and it always looks like a bomb went off in there (dirty, boxes everywhere, workers smoking butts outside the door right next to the propane tanks.) Total shitshow.

NeetStreet_2 t1_j6rq695 wrote

Route 20 in Russell. They just don't have the space to upgrade.

wildthing202 t1_j6sc762 wrote

Gilbertville(Harwich) on Harwich Rd.

canadacorriendo785 t1_j6t7tt3 wrote

The one in Concord center has had the interior updated but the exterior is still original. Also the one in Hardwick as of the last time I was there a couple years ago.

vaendeer t1_j6t7ufv wrote

High St in Lancaster

l3El2Tl2AM t1_j6ussgr wrote

Theres like 2 in Wareham