Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

joeyrog88 t1_j8agmws wrote

The Boston food scene is mediocre.

−2

SouthShoreSerenade t1_j8bd8uy wrote

You know what I've come to realize more than anything else using this sub? I hate food snobs. Hate them. Despise them. Scum of the earth.

Whether it's the ones who look down on any place that doesn't run you at least $150 for a dinner for two, or the ones who think it isn't worth it unless they serve your food the rotting bark of a swamp tree instead of plates, or the ones who say it isn't cultured unless it's in a rat infested basement whose last residents were murdered in a gang initiation, or the ones who say they won't eat anywhere other than AsianIndianSalvadoreanDanish fusion...

If you are one of those you're the worst. The absolute worst. Insufferable clown.

Thank you for attending my rant.

joeyrog88 t1_j8bfiiw wrote

Good and inventive food doesn't have to be expensive. Few of our restaurants create experiences.

For my money I would take Peach Farm and Gourmet Dumpling house over any of the overpriced Caesar salad that litter the city. Give me a glass of wine and a few different cichiettes at SRV over the 7 course tasting menu most days.

My point isn't that there isn't good food. There isn't a scene.

And the north shore roast beef sandwich is the best regional sandwich in the country.

Gribblestix t1_j8bfen5 wrote

Boston/Cambridge/Somerville have world-class restaurants and more than a few James Beard honors.

The_Infinite_Cool t1_j8gl054 wrote

100% correct. There's some gems, but not anywhere near the ubiquity that good food cities have (houston, NYC, etc)