Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MOGicantbewitty t1_j8jxcv5 wrote

Your solution is to rely on taxes that already don’t cover it and will continue to decline? You are just complaining about the past without anything better to offer. You don’t get it.

The turnpike authority is gone. The ability to shunt funds to other projects is gone. Fuel tax revenues are down. Federal funding is down. Costs are up. Your criticisms of the past and other highways that have nothing to do with the Pike are irrelevant. Provide another way to fund the maintenance or don’t bother complaining. Bitching does nothing to fix anything. If you know how to do it better, tell us. I’ll share it with the planners, DOT staff, and political representatives I work with daily. Give me a better idea and we’ll push it. Otherwise, sit down. You have nothing to offer

PabloX68 t1_j8k42rl wrote

You can share this with the planners and DOT staff.

https://www.yourlawyer.com/library/highway-system-costs-per-state/

Share with them that they're consistently in the top five (if not top 3) per mile road spending and the roads are shit. Come up with a good reason for that and I'll be more supportive of alternative funding methods.

I already gave a better idea. Build the roads to a higher standard in the first place. Put a thicker road bed down and put thicker asphalt down. It'll lead to less potholes and less need to resurface every few years. It'll also lead to less damage to vehicles. Try spending less on public sector unions and you could also go look at what NH does. They have worse weather yet much better roads for a lot less money. Oh yeah, stop paying cops for road details and get rid of that prevailing wage farce.

Yes, bitching does do something. It translates to political support.

−1

MOGicantbewitty t1_j8k47ck wrote

What is your solution to the problem now? How do you plan on funding reconstructing those highways better?

MOGicantbewitty t1_j8k4b0v wrote

By the way, that is not a reputable source for this conversation.

What is your solution? How are you going to achieve funding to reconstruct the roads?

MOGicantbewitty t1_j8k4g3d wrote

Again, what is your solution? You actually think getting rid of row details is going to pay for anything? Do you think there are hundreds of billions of dollars in route details and costs with unions in the state? That’s what it cost to rebuild these roadways