Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

theopinionexpress t1_jd7nugc wrote

I have some friends from here that moved to SC, who share my political beliefs (and yours) and we discuss the differences a lot. You’d be surprised the amount of weirdo trumpers here - there is a very vocal minority. But the stats don’t lie when it comes to voting, and the social policies usually follow.

My friends that moved there bought an absolutely beautiful 4 or 5 bedroom, 2.5 bath new house for the price of what you could get a 1 br condo in eastern Massachusetts (what I consider east of worcestor, around the rte 495 belt). The further west you go, typically the more house you can afford, the further East and closer to Boston, less. Southern NH, particularly southeast can be affordable cause it’s kindof rural and no major highways. But NH has high property tax.

All in all if you’re willing to be ~1.5 hr drive from Boston, you can find affordable homes with land, in my unprofessional opinion. Personally I’d just get a realtor to send you listings.

InspectorFun1699 OP t1_jdcy19p wrote

Better a vocal minority than a vocal majority! This was really helpful, thank you so much for taking the time to help us!