Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

cimson-otter t1_jd2zoh8 wrote

And it’s deleted…

FuzzAldrin36 OP t1_jd30bkv wrote

With a message from the "Mod Team" that the sub is only for discussing the goings on in the state of MA.

I didn't know Ukraine was located in MA.

DaveDurant t1_jd3aj89 wrote

The absolute refusal to even allow civil discussion is getting pretty tired. What would be wrong with having a sticky for people to discuss this?

I don't know any of the actors in this drama, and honestly don't really care, but one keeps deleting stuff that I say. Not a fan of that.

stool_stirrer t1_jd2ydjg wrote

Are they going to unban all the people that one dude banned? Guessing no since he added his friends as mods

FuzzAldrin36 OP t1_jd2ywbq wrote

Ffs. That's what I wasn't sure of. If they were actually reasonable people with moderation experience, or this one dude's personal enforcement team. 🤦🏻

stool_stirrer t1_jd2zdoa wrote

Based on everything that went down it seems unlikely that the mod would risk anyone going against him. Just my assumption, hopefully I am wrong

DaveDurant t1_jd2ydfm wrote

Aren't most of those bots? I think we have more now but it's not like 8 more.

FuzzAldrin36 OP t1_jd2zmf2 wrote

I'm honestly not sure. I counted 9 mods. I know the top one is inactive, I know some are bots.

NoMoLerking t1_jd3zs8o wrote

There are 3 active human mods. Only 1 seems to be…let’s say “normal,” based on comment history.

BlueJay_NE t1_jd2xhk8 wrote

I certainly hope things will calm done and get back to normal.

ManWithTheCats t1_jd30fup wrote

Do they all stand with Ukraine?

FuzzAldrin36 OP t1_jd322v2 wrote

That's far less of a concern to me than all of them agreeing that this sub is at all an appropriate place to continue demanding that everyone else stand with Ukraine also.

ManWithTheCats t1_jd3594l wrote

Sounds you don’t stand with Ukraine. At least not enough for that Linux mod. Prepare for the ban hammer.

FuzzAldrin36 OP t1_jd35ytb wrote

I prepared myself before I even posted. I think that should be protocol now.

I think that anyone who points out that Ukraine isn't in MA and this is an inappropriate sub to post that stuff in doesn't stand with Ukraine enough for that mod.

Even when we loudly stand with Ukraine all damn day.

ManWithTheCats t1_jd36mty wrote

I’m looking forward to seeing the message about how “Reddit is not a democracy” again.

PM_me_spare_change t1_jd2zwr9 wrote

TL;DR the mod drama? Is it the same as what’s going on at r/worcesterma?

FuzzAldrin36 OP t1_jd363r1 wrote

Can I get an abridged version of what's happening at r/worcesterma?

massachusetts-ModTeam t1_jd2zwcu wrote

Our Subreddit's ( r/Massachusetts ) objective is to discuss topics of interest and awareness concerning the state of Massachusetts in the United States of America. - If you are seeing this message, it means your topic was outside the scope of that objective, and it may not belong in our Subreddit.

Quirky_Butterfly_946 t1_jd2xc4u wrote

Frankly seems a bit overkill. What are people so afraid of that 9 moderators are needed? Is being a mod very time/content intense where a few could not do the job? Maybe we should have the option of choosing which mod we want for each post?

−10

Tichrom t1_jd2yg2g wrote

It's not that people are afraid of any content and so they want 9 mods to regulate what's being posted, it's that many here consider the recent actions of a single mod to be overbearing and unnecessary, and so wanted more mods to be able to rein the one mod in.

ohhgrrl t1_jd2yfa7 wrote

Many of the mods on this sub are inactive.

FuzzAldrin36 OP t1_jd2yop3 wrote

>What are people so afraid of that 9 moderators are needed?

The way I understand it, it's not "people" who appoint mods. It's mods (or, in this case, mod) who appoint mods. Also, not all of the mods are people.

I'm also not getting the impression that anyone is scared of anything.

People just want the sub to go back to being a MA sub rather than continue to be a constantly censored echo chamber for the one dude with access to the control switches.

wholebeef t1_jd2ypqm wrote

There’s more mods because the one active one we had was banning people for having opinions people disagreed with. More mods means there’s less of a chance one goes rogue and drives everyone away.

FuzzAldrin36 OP t1_jd312e2 wrote

Unless they're all just enforcing each other.

This new "Mod Team" doesn't find discussion about this subreddit appropriate for this subreddit. 🤷🏻