Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Unique-Public-8594 t1_itpg58a wrote

Short staffing is a huge problem everywhere now. We need to increase our patience at drug stores, restaurants, post offices, grocery stores. Etc. zen. Kindness. Patience. They are all working to the point of exhaustion. Show your gratitude. Bring them cookies. I feel bad for the employees.

The sea of humanity is a problem. It’s a problem for tourists in Salem, for football fans in Foxboro, and leaf peepers in the Berkshires. It’s less of a problem further from major cities, in lower population density areas, and away from tourist areas. You choose to live in a city of over 100,000 close to Boston, you signed up for this. If you have no patience for waits, traffic, and crowds you might be happier moving.

Learn the lingo. It’s not hard. “Ready to be filled” means doctor’s approval cleared”. It does not mean “ready for pick up.”

Switch to Express Scripts. Works like a charm.

yuliemoon t1_itppi17 wrote

It's not just short staffing, although I'm sure that has added stress onto an already strained environment. I was a tech there for a few years and they continuously cut technician hours. My location was able to keep up, but over time that was impossible without the pharmacists going in hours early and staying after closing. Adding in all of the vaccines that pharmacists have to stop workflow to administer = even longer waits.

UltravioletClearance t1_itqdnle wrote

It all comes back to housing. The political elite of eastern Massachusetts spent the past 20 years adding tens of thousands of highly paid tech jobs to the city, then blocked the construction of any new housing for said employees. So the highly paid tech employees took all the housing away from the working class. Now there's no one left to work all the working class jobs that keeps civilized society functioning.

Pharmacy techs make like $17/hr. Good luck qualifying for so much as a studio within 30 miles of Boston on that salary.

Cheap_Coffee t1_itppbwt wrote

>They are all working to the point of exhaustion.

What?

−1

Unique-Public-8594 t1_itpsaoi wrote

All the pharmacy employees I see are hustling and exhausted. Completely spent. Glad to see you question this. Sounds like they aren’t where you are.