Submitted by andySep t3_yhwibq in massachusetts

Hi, I’m looking for a nice town near Boston (1 or 2 hr drive) to spend thanksgiving Thursday and Friday with my small family, something like a town with hotels, some shopping, kids activities and good food options. I appreciate your suggestions.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

PakkyT t1_iug68st wrote

Salem, cause everyone will be gone then.

OptimalFlight101 t1_iuhj2gh wrote

Everything closes down on Thanksgiving. It's not the best travel days but I'm all ears too if there are good options.

andySep OP t1_iui5pq9 wrote

It seems Plymouth is the option and the museum plantation is open all week until Sunday following thanksgiving.

OptimalFlight101 t1_iuia0b3 wrote

Looks like it. I've been looking up places for Thanksgiving too in the past but found that most places close. Places with scenery is also hard to find because by that time the leaves are mostly gone and the landscape looks barren. Maybe an Airbnb in a beach area to walk would be a consideration. Or Plymouth because it has the coast as well.

Or you can splurge on the hotel instead like cliff house in Maine. They have heated pools.

Boston_Stonks t1_iuj472i wrote

Ogunquit was always a fun time with our large family.

Plants_Golf_Cooking t1_iugbh2g wrote

A bunch of sad and miserable protesters go to Plymouth to get rained on. I’m sure they could use the company.

−3