Submitted by Judic22 t3_yfs9ys in massachusetts

I wanted to share how great the staff at UMass in Worcester was while my dad was in the hospital last few months. My dad recently passed away from a very aggressive form of leukemia. The doctors and nurses at UMass did everything in their power to make sure my dad was getting the best care he could.

When my dad decided to go on comfort measures, doctors that cared for him made sure to come and talk to him and say goodbye. Things they didn’t have to do, but did because they truly care for the patients.

Today, my mother got a card from the doctors and NPs and it really made her day. They didn’t have to do that, but the personal touch really made our family feel cared for.

With all the negativity in this world, I wanted to show that there can be silver linings in the hardest of times. Please be kind to people, as you don’t know what they are going through and you being kind, may just make their day. We’re all in this together.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ThreeDogs2022 t1_iu4zfiq wrote

I'm so sorry for your loss. There are some lovely people in the Umass/Memorial system.

Judic22 OP t1_iu50xh0 wrote

Thank you. Just wanted to spread the word that this hospital truly cares. My dad wasn’t the easiest patient to care for, but they didn’t mind. They are wonderful.

KawaiiCoupon t1_iu5kad4 wrote

They also treated my dad (he also passed just over a year ago). They were amazing. That hospital staff will always have a special place in my heart.

Judic22 OP t1_iu60hh0 wrote

I’m sorry for your loss. I completely agree. I wanted to make sure it was known. They deserve recognition.

ProfessorJAM t1_iu6s43q wrote

Very sorry for your loss but pleased they cared for your dad all the way through 😢

LowkeyPony t1_iu5isfo wrote

I am so sorry for your loss.

Judic22 OP t1_iu60jcs wrote

Thank you. I appreciate the kind words.

joshualori1 t1_iu5m68b wrote

I was in there and they were very cool as well as patient with me I am a horrible patient always wandering around but they were cool with me

HammerfestNORD t1_iu6cc19 wrote

Sorry for your loss. Kind of you to post.

jjgould165 t1_iu8lo1l wrote

So sorry for your loss. My dad is currently in the hospital trying to manage everything after getting sick and dealing with AML for the last 14 years and his primary from Dana Farber came over to check in on him. Definitely helps the patient and family when you get staff like that during a stressful time