Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

PabloX68 t1_ixrri5k wrote

Call your insurance company before picking it up. They'll send you the form and insurance stamp that you take with you to the RMV to register the car. If you have plates from a previous car, you can put those on and have the form and that's legal for 7 days.

If you don't have plates at all, ask the insurance company.

idontsmokeheroin t1_ixsbjri wrote

Clutch answer right here. Someone give this guy a $10 Dunks giftcard, I’m fresh out.

Alfajiri_1776-1453 t1_ixsl4s9 wrote

Got you. But legit, how is a DD awahd not in this sub? Or a Citgo sign.... We need some custom awahds.

Maronita2020 t1_ixsm4tp wrote

A police officer told me that during the first 7 days it is okay not to have plates as long as you carry your papers showing you purchased the vehicle with you. I did that when I purchased my vehicle and when I'd go into a building I'd put a sign on my driver's side window that said "This vehicle is NOT abandoned. I am inside. If you have any questions please call me at 978-423-6824." No-one ever called me and I was never ticketed. When I was driving no police officer or state trooper ever called me.

DBLJ33 t1_ixsm8lj wrote

“Massachusetts allows a grace period of 7 calendar days from the date you dispose of your previous vehicle to register your newly acquired vehicle.” https://www.mass.gov/how-to/transfer-your-registration-to-a-vehicle-or-trailer-purchased-from-a-dealer

Maronita2020 t1_ixszadl wrote

Well for me I still had my old vehicle as I did not buy from a dealership but by a private vehicle owner.

DBLJ33 t1_ixszkkr wrote

It doesn’t change anything. The registry says you have to lose possession of the vehicle the plates came from.