Submitted by lonelierthang0d t3_z7t746 in massachusetts

Moved out of state a few months ago and been waiting for my refund. This morning I set up a MA taxconnect account and it said my refund was paid out almost a month ago, assuming this means they sent out a check around then since I haven’t received anything in my bank account. I have mail forwarding set up from my okd address but haven’t seen the check for some reason; does anyone know if there’s a way on taxconnect to request direct deposit instead? Really don’t want to try getting through on the phone

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Jfrenchy t1_iy830i3 wrote

Do you have mail forwarding? A good idea if you don’t have it. You’re going to have to call the MA DOR to get a new check mailed to a new location. I doubt they will do direct deposit though

RedditSkippy t1_iy88qih wrote

We recently moved and our mail forwarding suuuuuuuuucked. I’ve moved several times in the past and the USPS forwarding service was always amazingly fine. Like, I couldn’t understand how it worked so well.

I don’t know what happened in the past decade, but a lot of our mail either got returned or delivered to our old address. Random crap got forwarded. This, of course, included all our junk mail.

Thankfully our tenant was super chill about sending us what arrived, but was a pain for a few weeks.

draftcrunk t1_iy8hdhu wrote

What happened to the USPS over the last decade is that Louis DeJoy was appointed Postmaster General under the Trump presidency and has been allowed to remain under the Biden administration. He is a former Republican fundraiser, CEO of a private subcontractor of the USPS, and has been pretty openly dismantling the USPS since he took the reigns.

thepasttenseofdraw t1_iy8rrgt wrote

> has been allowed to remain under the Biden administration

I mean, Biden did what he could. The board of directors doesn't seem to want to get rid of him.

draftcrunk t1_iy8trcl wrote

Replacing him should be a bigger priority and he should be getting a lot more attention and criticism. The USPS has suffered significantly.

SharpCookie232 t1_iybi2ry wrote

He tried to throw the election by ruining mail-in voting. I don't understand why treason isn't still a crime.

thepasttenseofdraw t1_iy8rkbo wrote

I'm still getting shit for the former owners of our house a year and a half later. I was calling their son to come pick it up occasionally, but I'm pretty sick of it at this point.

RedditSkippy t1_iy8s0jj wrote

I mean, by now, it’s on the homeowner to have changed addresses on accounts. Junk mail you can’t do much about, but I’m surprised how quickly most junk senders updated our address. They were more efficient than the USPS.

lonelierthang0d OP t1_iy83hre wrote

I do, but I haven’t received anything so I’m wondering if it somehow went to my old address

wallet535 t1_iy86nm4 wrote

In my experience hold times for calling the Department of Revenue have been surprisingly short, FWIW.

WilcoLovesYou t1_iy949sa wrote

If you need to get a hold of someone at DOR call (617) 887-6367, then hit 2, and then hit 3. It took me a few calls to find out how to talk to a person, but they picked right up when I did this and the guy was super helpful.