Submitted by The-LittleBastard t3_z0burs in massachusetts

Curious if anyone has any experience or recommendations for any around the state or around New England? I’ve been looking into a career as a stunt driver for film and I’m sure my skills as an everyday Joe Schmo (as good as I think they might be) wouldn’t fly; so I figured I’d need to take some classes at the very least.

If anyone has done anything similar (or is currently doing this as a career) I’m all ears and willing to learn!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Lucybruin t1_ix4ufcv wrote

128-495-rt2 at rush hour twice a day for one year you’ll be fully qualified and ready to start as a stunt driver!

the_coolhand t1_ix4rc5z wrote

Team O’Neil Rally School for rally/gravel driving. They also do drifting school at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Probably the best place to start if you’re looking to do performance driving. I believe their 5-day school is like $7500.

There are also lots of car clubs (COM Sports Car Club, etc.) that have track day events and instructors to teach on track driving.

politicosb t1_ix55gs7 wrote

This. The Team O’Neil rally school is about as legit as it gets for rally instruction.

Another avenue is to check out the various cart tracks around K1 and others have e cart leagues you can sign up for.

mahthafn t1_ix4os14 wrote

Skip Barber Racing ?

HeyaShinyObject t1_ix6k1eu wrote

Skip Barber has a school at Lime Rock, CT. A friend taken it and recommended it.

PabloX68 t1_ix8ehdv wrote

You have a better chance at making a living actually racing cars than you do being a stunt driver, but good luck.

jjshein t1_ix7yil7 wrote

I’ve always been partial to the self-teaching method. Grab yourself a rental car, check all the boxes for CDW and other optional insurance, then let ‘er rip!