Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

itallendsintears t1_j1w5xwo wrote

Greenfield SUCKS. Dude. Listen. I worked at BHN Greenfield for 18 months. I live in South Hadley which is basically the apex of western mass. Greenfield….I don’t how to say it. It’s like the water or something. The people are stupid and weird in a way that is EXTREMELY disconcerting. I’m telling you the first 3 months I was there I wanted to move up there. Pretty, close to snowboarding/Vermont. Good downtown space. CATALPA coffee!

But, the people. Are fucking AWFUL. Absolutely awful. Inbred and stupid in way that’s hard to describe

−21

poprof t1_j1wcrw6 wrote

You immediately disqualified yourself when you called south Hadley the apex of western MA. No way.

itallendsintears t1_j1wfhfc wrote

Lol. Okay. Hydroelectric chilling how’s eversource noob?

My electric bill was 35 bucks last month. What was yours again?

−12

WaketheDeadDonuts t1_j1wlj1d wrote

Cheap electricity plus you get to smell cow shit every night for free!

itallendsintears t1_j1wq37g wrote

That’s…Hadley. Nice try tho

−4

WaketheDeadDonuts t1_j1wtxaj wrote

Not according to my nose, but enjoy!

itallendsintears t1_j1wuamg wrote

I absolutely will. Walking distance to mount Holyoke and a five minute drive to Mount Tom.

Hey what’s your town have?

WaketheDeadDonuts t1_j1ww4uv wrote

Well, for starters, half of Mt. Tom the mountain + all of Mt Tom ice cream.

Then there's a hot music scene, a regular artwalk, breweries, dispensaries, an Italian butcher shop, kayaking, decriminalized shrooms, Cultural Chaos, Food Truck Fridays, Millpond Live, an arcade stuffed with every video game console from Atari to PS5, and the trifecta of good eats: Daily Operation, Calico, Small Oven Bakery

...and, coming this Fall: Western MA's first Porchfest.

Now, I'd tell you I'm talking about Easthampton, but you already knew that.

All good tho. S. Hadley's a fun little spot w/ more to recommend it than nearby Amherst.

itallendsintears t1_j1wzrth wrote

lol Easthampton suuuuucks. Worst roads ever. Tandem bagel is so inferior to comfort bagel it’s an embarrassment. So annoying to get to. I get my haircut there and that’s it. I do like river valley and big e’s but the road damage isn’t even worth driving to those places.

−1

WaketheDeadDonuts t1_j1x0xy6 wrote

My dude, I was trying to give you an out playing S. Hadley a complement, but you had to double down on this delusion of grandeur. I'm sorry I just don't know S. Hadley like you clearly know Easthampton, so I don't know what else you to say.

Totally agree with you, Comfort Bagel in Holyoke is great. But, #HolyokesHappening

poprof t1_j1xqa5q wrote

South Hadley gets their electricity from Holyoke - and - idk man. I’m glad you like South Hadley - they’ve got a nice parks and rec department going for them.

My electric bill was $105. I don’t think it’s ever been below 40$. So good job - hopefully someday soon we can all be so lucky

goldlion0806 t1_j1wws99 wrote

It’s incredibly disconcerting that you self disclose having worked for BHN and then talk about people like that. People like you shouldn’t work in MH. Also, SH is gross AF. People of color are treated like crap in SH. That poor girl that killed herself because the kids in the HS were constantly bullying her, and nothing has changed there. SH is so weird in that they shit talk Holyoke and think they’re so much better, as if the heroin epidemic doesn’t cross the river. It’s everywhere.

Also, if we’re labeling someplace the “apex” we should probably go by housing prices not egos, and Amherst and Northampton would win.

itallendsintears t1_j1x00t5 wrote

That little virtue signaling guilt trip was adorable.

And Holyoke rules. I’m trying to buy a house there.

Fuck Greenfield

−2