Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

sheeplewatcher t1_izkxqb4 wrote

Curious why Encore received the go ahead while MGM has to wait. From the articles I read, both will be utilizing their online platform for odds, wagers, etc.

Cloudstar86 t1_izm0erk wrote

Mgm had some issues with their wording on the application they sent. Something about too many references to betmgm. As far as I know from what I was told this morning, they have fixed it and are waiting again for another meeting. There were issues with poor wording I think.

sheeplewatcher t1_izmeanv wrote

Reading through the articles on Masslive again, sounds like MGM was lazy and just trying to submit 1 application for both in person and online.

Cloudstar86 t1_izmf51w wrote

I was told they just kept referring to betmgm in the answers. The gaming commission wanted a bit more information than what was being provided on the application. And it was something about wording being confusing. Mgm did say they confused both applications too. But they’re in the process of fixing it. I read even someone at the commission admitted their structuring for the application review process was confusing. And encore even missed things with their application and submitted it incomplete, but it was approved anyway after deciding to accept the missing info late.