Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DeezNutzzz333 t1_izvlxkh wrote

If you can do your job from home, eventually someone in India will be able to as well but for half of your pay. Be careful what you wish for.

−13

[deleted] t1_izwkgsj wrote

[deleted]

DeezNutzzz333 t1_izxzzts wrote

I hope you’re right because I don’t want to see you or any of the bozos on the down vote wagon lose their jobs. But as far as a systems engineer goes that’s been a wfh type of position for ages. I’m not talking about skilled workers such as yourself… But the sales people and similar type positions that used to fill hundreds of cubicles across Boston and every other city like it. Do you think the huge biotech industry in this area couldn’t be outsourced to countries with highly skilled people for half the price? Come on. You’re kidding yourself. I did t just pull this idea out of my ass. I work in almost every building in and around the city. Within the past 6 months I’ve heard the same conversation twice. Once at a large insurance company on Berkeley street, and once on State St at one of the largest banks in the country. Obviously I can’t prove either conversation happened, so at this point it’s just an opinion. But if you feel so strongly that I’m wrong, screen shot this and let’s revisit this subject in say…. January 2025 ?

−1