Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

HxH101kite t1_j2dhc49 wrote

LOL I just came here to comment this. I have to renegotiate in January. I called yesterday and that promo wasn't available yet so they credited me the difference and said the promo will be back the end of January and to call them for it.

It's a pain but I will hand it to the last few customer service reps I have got. They truly have made me whole each time and not taken up my whole day.

I also tell them I am going to walk to ATT (only other sorta option in my area) and it works.

I work from home and game a lot and have never needed more than the basic Mbps package and never had issues.

movdqa t1_j2e3sn5 wrote

When we originally got Comcast, there was no other competition so they wouldn't negotiate. Then competition came in at a lower price and the first time I spent a couple of hours with them on the phone. Then it got a lot easier. My wife told me that Americans don't like to haggle (it's customary in a lot of countries) and that was true for me but I got used to haggling. We've had Comcast for 11 years now and $30/month really adds up over time.