Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Lazy_Football_511 t1_j5we9h7 wrote

Huh. Brockton is where I feel the most unsafe as a pedestrian over any other place I have been. It is strange how people seem more safe impulsively stepping into the street than those using crosswalks with walk signals.

nocolon t1_j5wmmvv wrote

Ironically you're probably more safe as a pedestrian in Brockton given that the pedestrians there are more likely to just randomly walk into the middle of the road with no regard for traffic or the placement of crosswalks. I feel more nervous as a driver in Brockton assuming that someone is going to just suddenly decide "I need to be on that side of the road now."

Source: Lived in Brockton for 20 years.

Lazy_Football_511 t1_j5wtjqu wrote

Uh...I think not. I think Brockton drivers are so used to people jaywalking their minds can not comprehend a pedestrian on a crosswalk so it does not register with them. Then again, most Brockton drivers see a crosswalk at an intersection as the spot to stop with their front seat between the two lines.

mini4x t1_j5wjkqn wrote

Have you ever walked around Chicopee?

Lazy_Football_511 t1_j5wwmmo wrote

Honestly, no. I used to drive for a living and I have been all over the eastern seaboard so I am pretty sure I have driven through there at least once or twice.

I think the closest to there that I have spent any time at was a restaurant near I-291 but that was years ago and most likely East Springfield. Cajun food, huge servings. Last time through they said they were calling it quits.