Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Smol_dude1 t1_je8rui0 wrote

Or.. Arguing with you is a pointless endeavor because you're too stubborn to argue with

But that's none of my business 🐸🍵

RUDDOGPROD t1_je8rzox wrote

Too many ppl think having the last word is “winning”

Ghoullag t1_je8vpxf wrote

If you manage to change the other person's view, it's kind of a win but yeah, having the last word because the other person realized is futile to argue with you is not exactly a win.

Tortenjunge t1_je90ckp wrote

You will never change the view of a random stranger on the internet

Ghoullag t1_je93t8z wrote

Already did. Some dude argued that the moon didn't have gravity because it's not spinning. I presented the facts. There is gravity on the moon and it is also spinning.

−1

Tortenjunge t1_je93vn3 wrote

There is no gravity on the moon and its also not spinning

−13

MithandirsGhost t1_je9gkk2 wrote

There is no gravity on the moon because the moon isn't real. What scientists think is the moon is actually just a reflection of the sun on the dome that covers earth. /s

Old_Kodaav t1_jebemjv wrote

If it is futile to argue with you because they have no real argument to respond with, this is also a "win". Whether they accept it or not is another thing.

yaon-jinji t1_je93umg wrote

And too many people get in a debate and stop midway because of losing and saying it's not worth their time. The duality of losers/winners

Ghoullag t1_je8vqt7 wrote

Yeah they think they got valid arguments, but all they do is use toddler logic. Or insults. Having the last word in an argument with a genius is hard, but with an idiot it's impossible.

Appropriate-Draft-91 t1_je98ff8 wrote

You don't win an internet argument by having a great comment as your last word. You win by having the other side make a really stupid comment as their last word.

But if you are having an argument without an audience, you win by figuring out where the other side is coming from and understanding their point of view.

Lexicon444 t1_jed4spl wrote

Yeah. This happens a lot. People everywhere just argue to argue regardless of what nonsense comes out of their mouth or keyboard. It’s best to leave.

skolopendron t1_jeb3h8s wrote

As long as there are some new arguments in discussion there is a hope. I just lose my interest when the opponent stays on the loop with the sane argument.