Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Le_Babnan t1_j6m4y26 wrote

Ah yes. Ownership. What a lovely father. One who loves us so much he can kill us as he wills

Please never have kids if that's how you see things

Scary_Environment274 t1_j6mx0v4 wrote

It's not how i see things, it's how i would see things if i were a all knowing being that can make and break as i please.

But i also feel like people are missing the point, he doesn't want to kill us. But he makes no exceptions when sin is involved, which is why the flood happened, and then after that, he said, i can see that humans aren't good at hart, so then he made rules.

Now He doesn't wipe out people, but instead He says that the reward for sin is death. This death is not the one you die in human form, but the one your soul experiences, since it ends up in hell, which is God's version of death.

He is truly like a parent now, follow my rules or suffer the consequences. I think it's fair. Note you don't have to follow it, but as i said - consequences.

RudionRaskolnikov t1_j6nv6j3 wrote

Ya I don't think we as humans should expect kindness from God(or whatever higher being there exists).

Cause if there is a being like that who truly exists, he wouldn't see us as we see each other or how we even see animals.

From his vantage point we would be no different from insects. Like pest, he could get rid of us in the millions without thinking twice or having any moral apprehension.

I mean how often do you feel guilty after crushing a mosquito? Or calling pest control to kill termites?

So it's not that he is our father in the human sense, of a father or son relationship because a father and son are more less equals or atleast grow to be so in intellect, strength etc.

But this being could never have such a relationship with us.

So we are more like a bunch of ants in his box, which he can observe whenever he wants if he finds it fun or interesting in what funny, stupid ways we act and behave OR he can eradicate us with a magnifying glass if he so chooses.