Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Latter_Ostrich_8901 t1_ja0v2nr wrote

I’ve heard it’s garbage

I strongly dislike McGregor

I’m a single malt man and I know my whiskey and scotch so I shouldn’t even think about it

But goddamnit, I want that stupid useless mini hoodie. Don’t know why. I just do.

monkaibot OP t1_ja0w432 wrote

I am also not a fan of him. main reason was because I wanted the hoodie. going to put it on either a Tick figurine or a Hellraiser one. My favorite is Basil Hayden.

Latter_Ostrich_8901 t1_ja0woa3 wrote

That’s a nice one, I lean towards Glenlivet or Macallan. I also love bourbon, a nice smooth bourbon is a beautiful thing on a crisp summer night.

Emergency_Horse_1546 t1_ja10jzt wrote

Yeah this is the whiskey he punched an old man for not drinking. I’m shocked that didn’t sink this company, he’s probably making tons of cash off this.

JustARandomBloke t1_ja14rfb wrote

Have bought and tried. It is my least favorite Irish whiskey I've ever tried, including some that are much less expensive.

Even mixing it with something strong flavored like cola didn't make it palatable.

It may even be more trash than Connor McGregor.

S_A_N_D_ t1_ja1935f wrote

If your whiskey needs gimmicks like a mini hoodie to sell bottles, it's a pretty crap whiskey.

This kind of thing instantly tells me it's going to be cheap and terrible.

Good whiskey/scotch doesn't need a gimmick to sell.

CynicalEffect t1_ja3k0x6 wrote

If your whiskey needs an e, it's a pretty crap whisky.

(Jk mostly, but Islay malt supremacy.)

sagitta_luminus t1_ja1lcxu wrote

I’ve bought it when I was waiting for payday, but I’ve found 2 Gingers is the same price & is the better Irish whiskey. But Jameson is still my favorite

Netrozed t1_ja1v5lc wrote

I didn't care for it I almost have a full bottle of it that's sat at the house for months. TBH I didn't drink it again cause the day after I drank it I was like really angry at everything like just easily ticked off and I have never felt like that before drinking this so I'm highly sus of drinking it again cause that day sucked.

elfy4eva t1_ja32xzc wrote

His whiskey is a blend made by bushmills which should get due credit as it's perfectly fine regardless on ones stance on McGregor nothing amazing but not the swill some would have you believe.

TunaOnWytNoCrust t1_ja3tu7u wrote

It's fine, there's nothing to really complain about. It's not remarkable but it's definitely not bad.

I'm just not understanding why the hoodie has sleeves. It could just be the torso portion and then the hood part and that would make sense on a bottle, but the sleeves? What's that about?