Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

pupdates t1_j9qu7u1 wrote

This is how they should all be

AngryAngryKangaroo t1_j9qw2ue wrote

We don't have plastic drinking straws either fwiw, all waxed paper or other compostible stuff. Lots of the little bits of plastic that were common a decade ago have been changed.

Tasmania, Australia

Marthyist_ t1_j9qyup3 wrote

Thanks for putting the coin next to it, I wouldn't have been able to tell it was cardboard without it.

tatpig t1_j9r1y67 wrote

much better than those lifetime plastic tabs.

TwoFingersWhiskey t1_j9rdkau wrote

Yep, becoming a huge thing in Canada to eliminate plastic waste.

IdealIdeas t1_j9rrrlp wrote

I always threw the plastic thing out, twisted the bag and sat the bread on the twist and my stepmother would get angry at me.

I say it was just as, if not more effective than using the tie.

Analysis-Klutzy t1_j9s76xz wrote

We only just started to get them in aus, roughtly the same time we started trying to handle our own recycling as these things jam up the equipment. or so the radio ad says

FuxxxkYouReddit t1_j9so6jh wrote

How about the bag itself? Is it still plastic? Then what the fuck are you solving by replacing these tiny fucking things? The world has become crazy. Suck that kool aid with your paper straws.

MarcusForrest t1_j9t12y4 wrote

> Definitely not here. Quebec.

My bread bags have had cardboard/carton bag ties for at least 2-3 years - also Québec, Montréal - so definitely here, Québec too

Haven't bought bagged milk for a while though, not sure about those bag ties

MarcusForrest t1_j9t2dj6 wrote

It probably depends on the brand!

I always get Bon Matin bread (huge variety, whole ingredients, excellent nutritional profile - personal favourite is the Protein one) and they switched to cardboard bag ties some years ago - more reasons to like them!

james2432 t1_j9t92yk wrote

everything in Canada is using cardboard now. Paper straws suck btw as in are bad not the actual function

R-2000 t1_j9tnhiv wrote

Wow!! Did you just wake up from a multi year coma?

yirush OP t1_j9tnw0i wrote

Haha. In fact, I kind of did. Anyway, I went to have a closer look at the Provigo down the street and it seems there are a few Quebec bread companies that have also been in a coma. Lotsa plastic.