Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

erbmoa t1_ja6lxks wrote

Hm, interesting. (Mildly)

rydapt50 t1_ja6n9n1 wrote

Looks like art from Blade Runner

neovapor OP t1_ja6ne4b wrote

That’s why I took a pic. Love Blade Runner :)

Edit: some of you here might appreciate my art! https://instagram.com/jens_ingelse 👀

MillenniumDH t1_ja6pqws wrote

Recently learned it takes place in same setting as Aliens franchise lmao

Zkenny13 t1_ja7noyb wrote

A ton of movies take place in that universe.

TheCoolDean t1_ja6riyn wrote

Thank goodness it didn’t say “connect to off world, anytime, anyplace”.

ItsMeOnly3 t1_ja7002q wrote

Technically it didn't crash per see, it rebooted due to disk failure and stopped because automatic recovery might make things worse (crosslinked i-nodes - two files occupying the same space).

d4nowar t1_ja9bifw wrote

Probably opens and closes files as part of its app and crashed originally due to hitting an inode limit?

ItsMeOnly3 t1_ja9tedi wrote

Or streamed large files (movies), hit disk full (bet there's a rather small and thus inexpensive SD card present), aborted bringing down X and forcing system reboot where upon next boot fsck hit duplicated blocks

TechnicalParrot t1_ja9hi91 wrote

Every time I think I've understood the Linux boot error someone understands it better - I only got as far as drive corruption though seeing fsck

qupada42 t1_ja6tje7 wrote

"Well fsck you too"

- OP to this art, probably.

TechnicalParrot t1_ja9hqg9 wrote

I genuinely cannot read fsck without reading fuck, I'm looking at some error and think I see 'system requires manual fuck' and think what

neovapor OP t1_jacaj07 wrote

I mean the projector is hard to reach but I could try?

RobertoC_73 t1_ja6m972 wrote

r/PBSOD

max t1_ja6ne7d wrote

that is entertaining, but i was hoping for "Public Broadcasting Station On Drugs."

oyMarcel t1_ja8tod5 wrote

Except it's Linux

RobertoC_73 t1_ja8xiow wrote

That sub is for public computer errors of any kind, not just Windows blue screens of death.

CmdrSelfEvident t1_ja79zns wrote

This is a just a computer failing to boot because the hard disk has at least an error if not completely failed. This is actually rather common for embedded systems. Most people and companies don't realize how crap disks are over the long term. They will all die sooner or later especially if they don't take specific measures to limit their use, eg read only.

hobbes0405 t1_ja7svyp wrote

Obviously you missed the point of the artist's ironic commentary on the regression of illuminated knowledge in the post-industrial age.

Or something.

neovapor OP t1_ja7tjml wrote

Haha they wish! Earlier it was a fish that followed you when you walked close to it

MatrixMoments t1_ja8eu1t wrote

Walk past a cashpoint. I wanna see what happens

neovapor OP t1_ja8i2lh wrote

Will try. I feel like a walking EMP

zinstack t1_ja6rwq8 wrote

That's solid wallpaper material right there

neovapor OP t1_ja6tp42 wrote

Consider this wallpaper my cake day gift to you :)

lospinho t1_ja934sh wrote

are you the protagonist

-jwt t1_ja7hrhy wrote

I think the HDD is bricked.

lungshenli t1_ja7ros3 wrote

Now its a cyberpunk art installation

SkyyySi t1_ja8m9my wrote

From the looks of it, it looks like someone fucked with the disk the system was installed on

newguestuser t1_ja8wkjg wrote

For some reason I always read this as fsck is excited. Needs some manual stimuli to fsck it back down.

apt64 t1_ja9cjcy wrote

Is your name Bobby? Do you like dropping tables?

misslehead3 t1_ja9pjfq wrote

Yeah doesn't seem like too bad of an issue, especially in Linux. Fsck is check disk.

Drojahwastaken t1_ja9s2z0 wrote

And I thought streetlights going out as I passed under them was bad. This guy's CURSED.