Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Omw2fym t1_jdtycrz wrote

Look up Mega Purple. It is a wine additive that causes this. Without trying to sound like a jerk, it is typically present in lower end wines

missmimi1011 OP t1_jdu1doq wrote

Definitely was a $6 bottle of wine ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ gotta ball out on a budget!

AgreeableStep69 t1_jdy781f wrote

is that cheap? โ‚ฌ6 for a bottle of wine here will get you a pretty decent wine, cheap is like โ‚ฌ3

ChrisAplin t1_jdug29d wrote

More like get drunk under an overpass. ๐Ÿ‘€

−32

ptofl t1_jduqodx wrote

Well, I saw the humour in it.

RedshiftSinger t1_jdtzyhh wrote

This also happens with naturally occurring anthocyanins in plants, and grapes are one of the plants that produce anthocyanin pigments. Itโ€™s just a reaction to a different pH.

missmimi1011 OP t1_jdu1f26 wrote

This makes me feel better!! Lol!

kjhvm t1_jdul13s wrote

Yup, many anthocyanins turn blue at pH 8 and above. Some also turn green. A few drips of wine in alkaline water and there you go! You can test it by slowly adding lemon juice or vinegar and watch the color go back the other direction to reddish hues.

spekt50 t1_jduqikz wrote

I noticed this when making blackberry jelly. My tap water has a high pH and the blackberry juice would turn bright blue when diluted with tap water.

twoaspensimages t1_jdwa7ea wrote

I wish they had to label if a wine has adjuncts. Making below average wine decent with additives is the reason I only buy organic.

clarkn0va t1_jdx5c1r wrote

Sometimes I add a little red transmission fluid to the tank when filling my car with diesel. I recently discovered a small fuel leak under the car and the drop of fuel looked blue like this water (but a little more saturated). Do you think there is Mega Purple in my lower-end ATF?

PerformerGreat7787 t1_jdu5906 wrote

Wine residue often turns water unexpected shades of purple or blue

nim_opet t1_jduw2eq wrote

Your water is slightly alkaline as it turned the anthocyanins from wine blue. Itโ€™s ok, just means lots of dissolved minerals.

MrMojoshining t1_jdvm2vt wrote

If there was wine still in the glass you changed the pH of the wine with the water. Mega purple or not this will happen. Lower pH wines will have a more ruby color and higher pH wines will have more blu-ish hues.

jiminak46 t1_jdwcfqo wrote

I havenโ€™t had a glass of red wine and it still looks blue to me.

deligonca t1_jdv6qxw wrote

I didn't drink any wine today, but I see light blue water too! What kind of witchery is this?

Safe_Squash4729 t1_jdxnoad wrote

If you drink enough red wine pretty soon you can't even find the glass, never mind what color it is.

Fermented_Discharge t1_jdu4j9k wrote

When your wife wants to kill you... Does your blur water also smell like Windex?

ObjectiveTinnitus t1_jduo46l wrote

How did your tap water drink a glass of wine? (Maybe have chatgpt or someone rewrite that for you)

St_Troy t1_jdvs1cw wrote

Mmm; Windex.

TehBIGrat t1_jduehrk wrote

I think you drunk more than a glass. Given that you thought about posting a photo of a glass of water.

−8