Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Murse_1 t1_jefbf8n wrote

They will eat your wiring. What I. Do Is I leave my hood up and I spray a concoction called critter out that I get on Amazon in the engine compartment since I've done that I Have had no rodent activity.

bobrep OP t1_jefe2fz wrote

Thank you! I'm ordering it right now.

DeaddyRuxpin t1_jefcv9a wrote

I was going to offer this same warning. They did it recently to my aunt’s car. It was an older car and they don’t make the wiring harness for it any more so insurance ended up totaling it on her. (I then spent two hours with a ton of crimp connectors painstakingly matching everything up and splicing in new wire to repair it. She used the insurance money to repair the shocks on the car)

PamIsNotMyName t1_jeflg3t wrote

There's a joke about roasting chestnuts here...

1320Fastback t1_jefjdmh wrote

I put an ultrasonic sound emitter that also has LED flashing lights on it under the hood of our new car that I found on Amazon. We live kinda rural and had rats sleeping on the engine within the first week of ownership. I've read modern wiring uses a coating that is quite appetizing to rats and mice. Once the box was installed the problem went away.

steve_adr t1_jefmc4y wrote

It's warm and cosy under there. Afterwards, they nibble on the soft bits for dental hygiene.