Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Cerulean_IsFancyBlue t1_jeezwlf wrote

As people, we have social skills and intelligence, and I feel like this is the deploying those in a great combination to let everybody be comfortable with or without consensual physical contact.

It’s also possible that you meant, “I have no discomfort around this, so I don’t see why it’s worth the trouble.” In which case, ok cool. You’re why we have wristbands.

SprinklesMore8471 t1_jef0m6c wrote

I see this as a way to not use your social skills and to further disassociate people. I prefer people communicate than wear a sign saying stay away. But to each their own.

SoraUsagi t1_jeg9pep wrote

I mean... The wrist band IS communication. Not your preferred method and that's fine. I tend to be open to engage in conversation and a handshake, but I will not be the one to initiate. But I also know that some of the associates that our business conferences are incredibly shy, but since attendance was mandatory they're there anyway. I would really appreciate something like this for them. They would engage even though they don't want to because they're afraid of being rude