Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

IamMrEE t1_j9bgo56 wrote

I didn't watch but his last two are said to be great, it's the audience that is different where they do not see the appeal, today we have another mindset... Back then at the peak of movie making era a movie like Everything Everywhere, all at once might've just been an obscure independent movie or a flop.

The old school story format doesn't appeal so much... But Top Gun proved some things are still doable.

He just needs to find something that will appeal to today's public and generation, which is more demanding because they have everything tenfold in several mediums, movies, podcast, TV shows, skits, docu, reality TV, social network, streaming, etc...

ABCBA_4321 OP t1_j9bjrlz wrote

Interesting take. Do you think him making a western with absurdist themes like EEAAO has will be appealing to today’s audience and generation? I could see him making a film like that.

IamMrEE t1_j9bp9xr wrote

I do not know, people are wary of copycats, and for such a caliber i feel doing that would backfire and feel desperate, I don't think he is the type of guy that would just go and copy what's 'trendy', he'd be more inclined to the Top Gun type of success I would think.