Submitted by Alive-Ad-4164 t3_122e6le in movies

Patrick Mahomes just won another Super Bowl, his 3rd trip in 4 seasons and it got me thinking who is the Mahomes of the movie industry

For context Mahomes has 2 rings, 2 MVP, a 2-1 record in Super Bowls and now 3 Super Bowl appearances and he has made 5 straight afc championship games, he is also widely considered the best player in the NFL and makes flashy insane throws (this is obvious duh)

So who is the Patrick Mahomes of the movie industry

There are some actors/actresses who fit this type of bill but I would like to hear your opinions on who that person might be and why

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

drblah1 t1_jdpz7mf wrote

I'd say either Kermit the Frog or Kenny Powers

Wibblefishbanana t1_jdpzxj4 wrote

John Cazale.

Only appears in 5 films.

Godfather Godfather 2 Deer Hunter Dog Day Afternoon Conversation

No contest really

IAmOriginalRose t1_jdq7ipl wrote

Those things you mentioned are not directly comparable to the movie industry.

2 rings? Would that equate to? 2 Oscars? Some great actors don’t have any.

A flashy, popular actor is Tom Cruise. But is he a good actor? One of my faves is Ethan Hawke, who is less celebrated than Tom, but I believe he has buckets more talent.

(Watch BLACK PHONE - the man acts thru a mask, it’s wild!)

I guess people love Merryl Streep and she has quite a few awards, but she hasn’t really touched me personally, so there’s that. The fact that acting is about connecting with the audience and people are all so different we’ll have different reactions to different performances.

Unlike sport, which is quite technical with specific rules so it easy to see who’s better.

dashinny t1_jdpxucn wrote

The patty mahomes of the movie industry is the guy who was a stuntman for John Wick, who later became a successful director.

IAmOriginalRose t1_jdq6gq5 wrote

I think you’re talking about Chad Stahelski who was a stunt double for Keeanu Reeves in the Matrix and then went on to direct John Wick.

Rob_Drinkovich t1_jdpy3wb wrote

Steph curry is the Mahomes of the nba to answer your first paragraph, won a lot recently but still will never be as good as Jordan (Tom Brady).

Consistent-Annual268 t1_jdq0l33 wrote

Surprised no one has yet mentioned Daniel Day Lewis.

PiersMorgansMom t1_jdqmwhj wrote

I assumed the OP meant currently working people in the industry. Otherwise, the list would be fairly long.

Consistent-Annual268 t1_jdqn39w wrote

I mean, DDL keeps coming out of retirement like a comic book character getting rebooted, so who really knows?😂

PiersMorgansMom t1_jdqmgdz wrote

Roger Deakins. Can make a turd of film look like a polished diamond (can't save the script or acting, but can at least make it all look good).

In terms of actors, I'd have to say Gary Oldman. Glenn Close can do it as well.