Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Saoirse_Says t1_jeg6vir wrote

I dunno I saw it in IMAX and turned my critical thinking off for 3.5 hours and had my mind blown by the audiovisual experience lol

Professional-Rip-519 OP t1_jeg8alr wrote

That's my point it looks gorgeous and sounds phenomenal but there was no meat with the potatoes. Very weird for a James Cameron movie.

Saoirse_Says t1_jegokv7 wrote

Yeah but I had a craving for French Fries and I don’t like the way James Cameron cooks meat so it worked for me XD

Futur_alliance t1_jega3gt wrote

That's all it is. Movie could have been 2 hours without the enhanced visual experience and all of the under water unecessary stuff for the 3D experience.

Saoirse_Says t1_jegooi5 wrote

It was definitely too long, but that kinda helped with the immersion I think. It’s a movie to get lost in y’know?

TheOnlyJurg t1_jegq41r wrote

I do love how you people still don’t get it. It’s the first film to use underwater performance capture technology, the first avatar was also groundbreaking. There’s more to films than just stroking peoples perceived intelligence, lmao.

Imagine if every film was just some complex plot so viewers like you can feel special about themselves. Cinema would be fucking awful.

izza123 t1_jeg76us wrote

By that standard a fireworks show should be best picture at the Oscar’s

Saoirse_Says t1_jeg7orn wrote

Well I don’t believe that Avatar should have won Best Picture lol. But it was a damn fine fireworks show

−1