Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Porrick t1_iu94iqc wrote

I'd rank 3 far below anything that came before it, but also far above anything that followed. Especially Jeunet's entry in the series, which is the worst. Unless Prometheus 2 is as bad as I suspected it was going to be; I didn't bother going to see it. Or AvP2, now that I think on it. But of the ones I saw, none annoyed me as much as Resurrection.

But then again I've hated pretty much everything of Jeunet's. His twee style is like late-career Tim Burton without early-career Tim Burton to justify the paycheque.

ChewyBacca1976 t1_iu9eble wrote

I love Jeunet’s other work. Maybe it’s not your thing, but I don’t think anyone would disagree that’s he’s not the right director for an Alien film. They’re not supposed to be charming or endearing, which is kind of his whole thing.

HitchlikersGuide t1_iu962k3 wrote

Whilst I don't rate Prometheus as highly as Alien/Aliens, I still really love it - and it was the single best experience I've ever had in a cinema bar none.

Hadn't smoked weed in about two years - decided to get some to have before going to see it - at BFI IMAX in London.

Smoked... started sweating and feeling really, really bad...

Walked into the screen room and was overcome by how big it all was - like a colosseum - made it to our seats with my buddy and was confronted with the biggest screen I'd ever seen.

Then all of a sudden I perked up and was in perfect movie-watching headspace.

The film started and I watched Shaw's gigantic head appear on the screen and then I was totally immersed in this visual masterpiece for the length of the entire runtime.

It was so epic...

doctorclark t1_iub42ll wrote

This seems like a great way to enjoy this film, and all I'll say is that I wish I had your experience watching Prometheus instead of my experience watching Prometheus.

K9sBiggestFan t1_iub0q7x wrote

Resurrection is total asswater as an Alien film. Everything about it is so tacky, silly and shit. It’s like nobody involved had watched an Alien movie. By a distance the worst of the series (including Prometheus and Covenant, not including the AVPs).