Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

parkwayy t1_iugh2qb wrote

Invisible?... It's framed almost dead center.

Watched this for the first time the other day, and it was almost inexplicable why no one even mentioned it.

Felt like just a weird 80's movie thing. Like how all they do in this research base is just drink hard liquor.

Dispositionpsn t1_iugidmh wrote

I was gonna say the same thing but I didn't want to come off cocky lol. The noose is completely noticable, and not even close to invisible.

I do like the second theory the OP came up with tho.

frankzzlackz t1_iugwo0o wrote

Must be nice to see it on today’s nice big screens with high definition. In my day, we had to watch movies on 22 inches of curved glass, usually sitting at a funny angle, TEN FEET AWAY with our parents constantly telling us to get up and bring the dog in, get up and get me a Pepsi, get up and answer the phone!

You kids with your noticeable noose. HOW DARE YOU?

Uncle_Sasquatch t1_iugrc7q wrote

I watched this again just last night. We were laughing about the whole, "what is it they're even researching?" thing. And how an Antarctic research station has a bunch of guns behind glass and a flamethrower.

badger81987 t1_iuiu37k wrote

Typically weather research.

>And how an Antarctic research station has a bunch of guns behind glass and a flamethrower.

They only have the one revolver, likely a personal possession. The flamethrowers would have been for ice and snow clearance.