Submitted by louietp t3_yf87jc in movies

I’m starting a film club where each week (or so) I’ll show 2 films, one from the criterion collection and one from my collection of bad movies (mostly things from those “4 action movie bundle” with actors you’ve never heard off). When people join, they’ll get a little “film passport” that they can get stamps in for each movie they watch. They’ll also be a mini zine and programs for each time and other goodies and stuff. I’ve already got a large group of 25 or so people interested and I think I can probably turn this into something larger.

Anyway- I need a name for it. It needs go be something I can print on the front of those books, but also something that can be initialised and still sound okay.

Ideally it’ll have my name in it which is Louie, but all my friends call me Polly. So either is fine.

Any ideas?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

MisterBigDude t1_iu2ecit wrote

Downs, Ups, And Louie. Refers to the bad and good films and to you — and has the acronym DUAL, a second reference to the two aspects of the films you’re showing.

[deleted] t1_iu29rtn wrote

I'd play on the contrast of good and bad. Gold and Dross? Wheat and Chaff? Roses and Fertilizer? Something along those lines.

KTB1962 t1_iu2a0hy wrote

The Good, the Bad, and the Flicks.

CromulentPoint t1_iu2c8d7 wrote

I’d go as simple as possible: Curated

Because that’s essentially what it is. Movies curated by Criterion and you. If you have to shoehorn your name into it, lean on a supporting tagline. Something like: A Polly Picture Project.

poblob14 t1_iu2emc9 wrote

Polly Carbonate (the plastic in DVDs and Blu-Rays)

Jumping off of CongratsUFoundMyAlt’s suggestions: A Daze of Whine and Roses

FILMS: Films I, Louie, Might Select

Mr_Tough_Guy t1_iu3sayw wrote

If your set on having your name in it I’d go with this quote from Casablanca

“Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.”

Lemonpicker77 t1_iu6ck4x wrote

Viewers beware or if you don't have many people viewers be where?

WhereIsThatElephant t1_iu68tr1 wrote

You can start with making a schedule when each of your moms is having a night out on town.

Then pack into the basement with Diet Cola, into your own private - Virgins And Movies club.

louietp OP t1_iu6leef wrote

Not sure you fully understood, or maybe I’ve misunderstood you