Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

I_want_to_believe_99 t1_iug6wgo wrote

I watch multiple times a year. The second is my favorite. So much nostalgia.

SaltyPeter3434 t1_iuh1oc6 wrote

Did you know she's engaged to the guy who played Kal in Halloweentown 2?

putdisinyopipe t1_iuhnzix wrote

Omg yes. Hocus pocus, halloween town, and under wraps were all three movies I loved so dearly as a kid.

(Let’s do a little test to see how known the last one was, under wraps, anyone remember that?”)

Elsrick t1_iuhqb29 wrote

Thats the one thats like a buddy cop movie but with a teenage boy and a mummy, right?

putdisinyopipe t1_iuhtp0q wrote

YES and the mummy is just trying to find his wife who was found in a sarcophagus. Some greedy dude finds out that the mummy is walking and living and wants to capture him for himself.

So the boy pulls shenanigans similar at weekend at Bernie’s to walk around with the mummy so people don’t notice him.

The dialogue of the mummy too is pretty funny, he just grunts or moans lol.

So it’s like ET + buddy cop movie + mummies instead of aliens lol

Aniwaya t1_iuik6dv wrote

The end of that movie when he finds his wife again is heartbreaking.

NCC-1701_yeah t1_iuiobsi wrote

This movie is not on Disney+ and that makes me so sad because I loved it as a kid!

Aleon765 t1_iuhpr6w wrote

Watched all with the kids on Disney plus last night haha

fdot1234 t1_iuim4h3 wrote

UNDER WRAPS! I’ve been trying to remember the name of that move for ages… I could only remember the opening scene (kid watching a movie where a monster breaks in through the kitchen window) and the song “All By Myself” being used in it

candlelightandcocoa t1_iuk0z35 wrote

Loved that movie and the songs in it- 'All By Myself' and 'Shake Your Booty' during the 70's dress-up montage!

I have this memory of watching 'Under Wraps' with my daughter, then 2, around Halloween 2000. She kept wanting to watch 'the mummy with bandages' over and over, but in November the cable channel (Disney Channel, maybe?) wasn't playing the movie anymore so she was upset. Eventually I found it on VHS and that VHS is in an old box in the storage room...

GalaxticSxum t1_iugt164 wrote

Is the second one really, good ? I’ve never watched it cause from my experience Disney’s second movies always sucked

whiteflillies t1_iugvy8u wrote

The second film is decent. I usually like to watch both as double feature for Halloween.

The series starts to drop off after that though, with the 4th in the series being the worst for many reasons including a recast of Marnie.

darkshadow237 t1_iuh1q8y wrote

The fourth film would have been better if they replaced Marnie with Sophie.

PhiloPhocion t1_iui8k01 wrote

Probably taking too adult view on it but I did always think it would have been interesting contrasting them more. Like the first film implies how much of a natural talent Sophie has. Always thought it’d be neat to juxtapose her and the opportunity to grow up knowing and training in magic versus Marnie who was very late to it all.

Also always thought it’d be interesting to get the backstory on why the mom hated magic so much - unless they did and I missed it. Beyond just the vibes of being a mortal and working for what you get. Internally I always head canon-ed that magic was involved in the dad’s death or that they got shunned for their relationship.

Aniwaya t1_iuiklx6 wrote

I honestly thought they had done that.

It really depends. If you have nostalgia for it, it's probably enjoyable. A lot of people found it kinda boring and were bummed that Halloweentown wasn't properly showcased in it because of the plot. The actors are fine, though!

SaltyPeter3434 t1_iuh1q8u wrote

I can see that. Most of the movie involves Halloweentown falling under a spell that literally turns it boring.

inFAMOUS_Hero t1_iuh0j8g wrote

True. Another enjoyable sequel from DCOM would be Jumping Ship from Horse Sense