Submitted by Keasaer t3_z6oed3 in movies

I often watch movies in the theaters, and often, as part of a promotion, a movie will be giving out a "poster" as a gift. Most of the time, I don't care enough about it to frame it, though occasionally it'll be something I actually do want on my wall.

What do you do with the rest? Over the years I've collected a number of "posters" from various films that, I don't want to throw away, but I am not interesting in putting on my wall. Problem is, they greatly vary in size. Any suggestions on how to store them without taking up to much space or damaging them?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

IrishVanCity87 t1_iy2guve wrote

Over the years I've made a big wallpaper collage of movie posters in my garage. Don't be too precious about them. Overlap them. Sometimes just the taste of a movie poster looks even cooler

Keasaer OP t1_iy92e3q wrote

I'll keep this idea in the back of my head for future residences.

mrprincepercy t1_iy2grkd wrote

Get one of those giant binder things that lets you flip through them and then get copies of the posters to put in the buckets

Nobodycares2022 t1_iy2gtb8 wrote

I haven't gotten a movie poster since I worked at Blockbuster. You could sell them or buy postage tubes to store them or buy storage tubes from either an office supply store or The Container Store might have something you're looking for.

Keasaer OP t1_iy92hck wrote

Thank you, I'll look into them.

LoveGayMen t1_iy2jd68 wrote

If it's a poster of Bradley Pitt I put it on my wall and try to smell him 🤤

The_Funkhouse t1_iy3lfpu wrote

I used to work in a cinema and kept a bunch of the larger poster from display units. They were kept rolled up at my parents house for 20 years and then I put them in the bin.

RaHarmakis t1_iy2k10i wrote

Seal them in a wall in your house, then it will be a fun find in 50 years when some one does a renovation and finds the last remaing poster of some old movie!

Chuck710Taylor t1_iy2p69x wrote

Especially when the universe shifts and the movie is 'unmade' so now he has a poster for a movie we all sorta remember.

Keasaer OP t1_iy3wm0q wrote

Gotta put a Kazaaam poster in there in case it turns into Shazaam.

Chuck710Taylor t1_iy3zsv5 wrote

I mean in some universe there is a completed Batgirl movie while Marvel can't get their act together.

claytonianphysics t1_iy3qd6j wrote

If they’re One Sheet posters (usually 27” x 41”), they can be valuable depending on the film, year, condition, etc… I bought most of mine at movie memorabilia stores except a few I got at special screenings. I have them stored in cardboard tubes, but I did have a few mounted and framed and I’ve also sold some.

iDuddits_ t1_iy7010s wrote

Nah I think op means the 11x17 ish ones. Not the best for displaying and usually just the standard poster image

Sonny_Crockett_1984 t1_iy4hnxk wrote

Roll 'em up and store them in those cardboard tubes. You can several in one tube.

furbyflip t1_iy5es3t wrote

i worked at a movie theater and in one of the projection booths, a manager from years past had a huge collage of faces cut from movie posters. it was glorious. it broke my heart when corporate cracked down and made us take it down.