Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

punygod t1_ix8y3js wrote

https://youtu.be/1isIeJy6lTE are you not aware of all the Lexus black panther commercials? It's not they " probably were" they were 100 percent and they were not even close to subtle about it. Like those cars don't have any place in the movie. In civil war black panther is introduced and he's literally outrunning cars on foot cause the king don't need no damn car. If they do wanna make him a car it shouldn't have any brand because sheri made the car and says it's all vibranium... Also what a ridiculous thing to say that all movies do it and they have to to get money. Marvel has a ton of money and absolutely doesn't have to have product placement to be able to afford to make a movie.

−1

kasetti t1_ix8ymtb wrote

You are getting hung up on this one film. Let me ask you how do you feel about the cars that Bond drives? Do they feel like commercials?

punygod t1_ix8zjy1 wrote

No because it would make sense for bond to drive a nice car. This thread asked why people don't like product placement and I gave an example as to why I personally dont. The question wasn't why do people hate product placement 100 percent of the time, because that would be a silly question and nobody does. It can be done right and subtle and I never said it couldn't. But the times it's done horribly is what makes people dislike it

kasetti t1_ix903v3 wrote

And my point was that when you make your product placement subtle, the audience doesnt even notice that it is marketing. You only note the bad product placement.