Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

wilsonw t1_iy4wxwb wrote

You really have an issue with her punching a child who was trying to kill her? Horror Comedies are a legitimate sub-genre of horror. No idea why you don't like them, but I suggest you avoid Shaun of the Dead or Evil Dead in the future. And one of your complaints is that the movie seemed unrealistic and scripted? I hate to break it to you but nearly all movies are scripted.

Accomplished_Rest457 OP t1_iy4xk3m wrote

Yet, some movies Don't FEEL scripted. Like You're Next.

This was a mess.

Also, yes, it was dead wrong to knock the kid out, you wouldn't say it if it was a man in her position or a girl being punched so you are hypocritical.

−27

Vinyl-Rabbits t1_iy4zfzz wrote

I will punch out anyone who's trying to kill me. What do you think she should have done? Die? And what do you mean they wouldn't say they'd punch out a "man or a girl". I'm pretty sure they would.

Accomplished_Rest457 OP t1_iy4zwrt wrote

What I am saying is the user wouldn't say it is OK if it was a man punching the boy or girl. Your reading compherension failed.

If he was, it's still wrong, she could have pushed him over or took the pistol out of his hands and used it, if she was smart.

But she was DUMB.

−13

Vinyl-Rabbits t1_iy509ru wrote

I can clearly see you edited your comment a couple of minutes ago to change what you were saying. It's right there next to your username on the original comment. Nice try, weirdo.

[deleted] t1_iy50rt3 wrote

[removed]

−5

Vinyl-Rabbits t1_iy51i3g wrote

It really didn't, but keep digging a hole, weirdo.

Accomplished_Rest457 OP t1_iy51xe4 wrote

You are the one who is butthurt someone is criticising a movie you like. Grow up.

−2

wilsonw t1_iy4ymik wrote

In what world am I being hypocritical? Now I think you're just trolling. Best of luck to you.

Accomplished_Rest457 OP t1_iy4yqr9 wrote

Read what I wrote and then say it again. Thanks.

−5

wilsonw t1_iy4ywe6 wrote

In what world am I being hypocritical? Now I think you're just trolling. Best of luck to you.

[deleted] t1_iy4zdlu wrote

[removed]

−2

captainhowdy82 t1_iy4zqf7 wrote

If someone is trying to kill you, even if they’re 10, you are justified in defending yourself

wilsonw t1_iy502w7 wrote

Yes - it's perfecting acceptable to defend yourself in a life or death situation. Gender and age don't matter. You're reaching there bud.

NjWilly72 t1_iy5srvn wrote

You’re right. A man would’ve kicked the kid in the face and spit on him or her. Common, give me a break. What are you a Mormon? Instead you would have whipped out your guitar and sang for the kid.

ThiccDICC_OG t1_iy6ng5b wrote

I would definitely be fine with a man punching a child or woman in that scenario.

Would you seriously let someone murder you just because they were a child or a woman?