Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Accomplished_Rest457 OP t1_iy4xz82 wrote

If I watch a horror, I want to feel uncomfortable, creeped out, and scared. Not laugh.

To me they just don't go together.

−7

WannabeLMAOXDLOL t1_iy557qq wrote

What exactly are you trying to say? It seems to me that you just wanna shit talk the movie.

If you want to get uncomfortable why did you even watch a horror comedy?

Annie0minous t1_iy5e3y0 wrote

I think the original post is basically: "There was a comedy horror film that I expected to be straight horror. I don't like comedy horror so I didn't like this movie".

Oh and - "an entitled, psychotic little prick got punched for trying to murder someone and that made me sad."

Accomplished_Rest457 OP t1_iy5kcfb wrote

He didn't know what he was doing, he was completely innocent and just watched his junkie mother shooting.

You don't know what you are talking about. Grace and his mom were the bitches here.

−5

NavidsonRcrd t1_iy55jq8 wrote

This is a pretty bizarre take in my opinion. Comedy and horror are inseparable in their reflection of cultural taboos, fears, and desires. Even more so, both create moments of tension and release that the viewer feels. Ever notice how many peoples’ reaction to something horrific is to laugh uncomfortably at it? Both horror and humor are mechanisms for release - most good horror movies realize this.

Some of the most beloved horror movies are also very funny, and that is no accident. Get Out, Pearl, Evil Dead, American Werewolf in London, Cabin in the Woods, Shaun of the Dead… the list goes on.

For truly visceral reactions to horror, levity is required. It can either provide an inverse sensation that makes characters likeable and adds stakes to their misfortune or, conversely, twist the knife further with an additional layer of humor or irony. Both approaches make the horror elements of a film stronger.