Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

CeaWall t1_iy514ui wrote

You might have gone in to it with incorrect expectations. It sounds like you were looking for a serious horror (like You're Next). But from what I remember, Ready Or Not is more of just a 'fun' movie. I wouldn't even really call it horror, it was more like a light-hearted comedic thriller.

I do feel the same as you that comedy doesn't belong in horror though. I don't like laughing at people getting murdered in 'goofy' ways, I prefer horrors to be more tense/serious. But for some reason, I actually did like Ready Or Not, I found it fun and I thought the main actress girl was pretty good.

I also have to give the movie credit: In a lot of modern movies where the main female character is a 'badass', the writers often step over in to 'woke' territory with tons of woke cliches (i.e., all the white males in the movie are wimps/idiots/creeps/evil and all the females are geniuses/badasses/virtuous, the female protagonist complains about things in the movie using millenial buzzwords like 'patriarchy', 'privilege', 'sexist', etc) but I don't really recall cringing about any of that kind of stuff in that movie. It was just a fun movie.

Accomplished_Rest457 OP t1_iy51eyz wrote

I agree, i was totally expecting a serious movie

−2

TrueLegateDamar t1_iy5em22 wrote

It's a movie about a bride being hunted down by her in-laws on her wedding day because she picked Hide & Seek, how did this movie look serious to you?