Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

TheJoker12561256 t1_iy6q289 wrote

1.Are you forgetting the 10 year old asshole shot her in the hand before she punched him? She tries deescalating the situation but he’s so kill happy he shoots her in the hand. She then knocks him out because he shot her and would do it again. I also find it concerning that you found the murderous 10 year old more likable than the woman who thought she married her dream-man, only to find out there are weird traditions she finds funny. She doesn’t make fun of them to be rude, she just finds it kind of weird and is joking with the family. Then she gets pissed when she finds out they’re all trying to kill her and her husband didn’t tell her that this was a possibility. She is 1000% a badass because she thinks on her feet, gets the shit beat out of her, and still kicks the bad guys asses.

2/3. That is meant to be a joke. The whole movie is meant to be a horror/comedy. The movie even ends on a funny one liner of “I want a divorce”. Personally, horror/comedies are my favorite type of horror film and this movie does it excellently.

1. She gets help because it is made clear multiple times in the movie that the older brother hates his family and their tradition of killing people. He helps her because he likes how different from his family she is and doesn’t want to see someone nice get killed after his aunt(?) had her husband killed. The other times she escapes danger, she does so by either quick thinking, or because her husband is helping until he changes teams. There are reasons explicitly shown for why people are helping her.

2. This plot is similar to You’re Next, only so far as its about a family being killed off and the new girl being the last to survive, but you aren’t wrong that You’re Next is more serious. I still prefer this movie though because this movie has some really fun deaths and the humor is great.