Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DaddysSloot7789 OP t1_iy9blz6 wrote

Nope, just wanted someone who wasn’t kinda racist. Don’t think that’s a “self insert” and if that is to you, you have some pretty gnarly self examination to do.

−6

patman3030 t1_iy9dqg7 wrote

Roddy's character isn't racist for not letting keith david's character say "fuck you I got mine" and ignore society's problems. If you think forcing the working class to open their eyes and see that they're being exploited by a class they'll never be a part of is wrong, then you're in no position to be crying racial oppression. "Let the minorities be scumbags too" is not anti-racism.

DaddysSloot7789 OP t1_iy9hy5y wrote

That’s obviously not what I’m saying. It’s the 80’s. He’s a poor black man that doesn’t have the same societal privileges that he does and he looks him dead in the eyes and basically says to him “I don’t understand why you would have an issue stirring shit up”. That’s all.

−2

Kokibuchek t1_iyama86 wrote

I'm sorry dude, this just isn't the case. I know racism can attribute to the oppressive nature of classism, but this movie is almost exclusively about classism, no matter the color of your skin.