Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Voidblazer t1_j1skmtj wrote

James McAvoy is spectacular in this one. It's pretty great.

xxxThotslayer_69xxx OP t1_j1skq75 wrote

I did like his acting but the writing on the other hand is my biggest complaint about the entire movie honestly

Voidblazer t1_j1slnhv wrote

I don't know. If I remember, it had a nice arc about damaged people having a powerful ability to fight against "the beast" that sort of resonated with me. I remember a feeling of empowerment after watching it. Like "all your pain matters". I thought it was beautiful.

xxxThotslayer_69xxx OP t1_j1smhfh wrote

That didn't really look like it to me since the beast was more so portrayed as this unstoppable force to me who just spared the protagonist since she was also a victim of trauma and he believed people who endured trauma to be better (the beast also literally took two shot gun shots to the chest from approximately 2-3m or so and just sorta ended up with minor injuries afterwards)

−9

Voidblazer t1_j1sndsy wrote

That's sort of what I mean, though. There's this unstoppable force, and the thing that protects you from it is the pain you've suffered and overcome...this thing that made you an immovable object. I get where you're coming from. It just hit me completely different. I felt like "yes, all the pain that you suffered mattered, and led up to this moment of triumph." That's what I walked away with, anyways.

xxxThotslayer_69xxx OP t1_j1snjwv wrote

To me it more so felt like she was spared rather than triumph over it but I do kind of understand where you're coming from

Voidblazer t1_j1soyj2 wrote

This one has a sweet spot in my heart. It was my favorite of his series. It had such a unique approach to giving the protagonist the "supernatural power". Sure, "triumph" in this one is "survive when every other person who encountered big bad dies horribly." I get ya.

GrimReaperAngelof23 t1_j1ts61i wrote

Its because you didn't watch the first movie. Split is the second movie. The order is: Unbreakable, Split, Glass. Watch them in order and then maybe you will enjoy it

jghaines t1_j1sls79 wrote

Trained actors find the role a bit cringey as he is doing an improv training exercise

−5