Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

YoungBeef03 t1_j2burkq wrote

It’s sure is a possibility, after hearing how rough Daniel Craig had it in Spectre and No Time To Die, I wouldn’t be all that surprised if the next Bond only wants to stay for one movie.

But, given that the casting of James Bond is such a massive announcement, and usually shapes the next few years of Bond movies, and I suppose contractual obligations, any one-and-done actors would probably make it clear before hand

George Lazenby wasn’t supposed to be a one-off, he just left early at the terrible advice of possibly the worst acting agent to have ever been in the business. Lazenby was offered a 6 or 7 film deal after OHMSS, and when Timothy Dalton only did 2 movies, it was because his contract expired and wasn’t renewed for Goldeneye.

Revolutionary-Tree18 t1_j2cl4p4 wrote

I heard there was some kind of labor strike that shortened Dalton's run, which is a pity as I consider him the best Bond.

elcornholioporque t1_j2c22qp wrote

>offered a 6 or 7 film deal

not even Moore (an established actor) was offered more than a 2-3 films contract yet Laz claims he was offered 7 , im not buying it. Laz , like Burt Ward , likes to tell tales

YoungBeef03 t1_j2c2eqn wrote

It could’ve been a smart move, financially. Lock him in at the salary of an unknown actor, instead of paying exorbitant amounts of money like what they had to do to get Connery back

elcornholioporque t1_j2c9jy3 wrote

>smart move, financially

for Cubby and Harry , perhaps not so much for Laz