Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

[deleted] t1_j20qooq wrote

[deleted]

WeDriftEternal t1_j20r0o6 wrote

Yeah this is what makes it so depressing. Great IP, great movies, the new one was just a lot better than it needed to be and soundtrack is still banging.

But it just doesn't show them the money, especially at the high production cost

paulrenaud t1_j20r2hx wrote

Jared Leto isn’t in either of these movies. Is he?

Absuridity_Octogon OP t1_j20rg78 wrote

He has said that he is going to star in Tron 3.

WeDriftEternal t1_j20uu7h wrote

Maybe in some version of Tron 3 that never was. The movie was alive and dead probably a dozen times

Absuridity_Octogon OP t1_j20v78q wrote

Well as of right now there has not been confirmation of cancellation. The movie is called Tron Ares and it has Garth Davis to direct. I guess it’s in development hell.

WeDriftEternal t1_j20vf9u wrote

It’s been the same development hell of ups and downs for a decade or whatever.

Absuridity_Octogon OP t1_j20vx6f wrote

Well not exactly. Your talking about Tron Ascension which was canceled, but Tron Ares was announced in 2020 I believe.

lizzpop2003 t1_j20s7ie wrote

The problem there is that both movies were not very successful and, while they did make money, they didn't make enough to not be considered a dissapointment by Disney. There's also the followup show that, while it definitely has its fans, did not attract many viewers when it was airing at all. All of them have only reached widespread viewership and fandom over time. Couple that with the fact that a movie in this world would necessarily have to be expensive (much like Avatar it wouldn't really fit in the series if new movies didn't push new technology forward) a new movie is a massive risk when there is no guarantee of big returns.

BodhiK187 t1_j20szqp wrote

TBH - I hope they dont touch Tron.