Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

mrjigglyman t1_j2f5i8c wrote

Lol this is r/movies, not RottenTomatoes.com critics section, tHeY uSeD lOcAl AcToRs is what I’d expect, nothing deeper analytically

Edit: OP is valid, I’m jesting that the explanation is an odd reason to make it a top 3 movie…

Darthbx t1_j2f61w5 wrote

Thanks for this comment. It literally stopped me from a snide comment. Great point.

mrjigglyman t1_j2f6d6c wrote

I respect it. My top 3 are also weird, but “they used people locally” is an odd defense for why you like a movie…… lol

Darthbx t1_j2f7f3j wrote

Right?! Mine are nerdy af, but still. To each their own.

mrjigglyman t1_j2f7vg3 wrote

To go full out, mine are Hanna (cinematography and score and locations are amazing), Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (idk, its got a place in my heart), and right now Everything Everywhere All At Once, my third changes a lot.

Edit: the American version. I appreciated the acting. Wish they had finished the fucking series with Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig.

Darthbx t1_j2f8e3i wrote

Dredd, ESB & Shaun Of The Dead.

​

I haven't seen Hannah or Girl.

mrjigglyman t1_j2f8l8z wrote

Ohh man, Hanna had the Chemical Brothers do their score, I think it’s a good movie. Veryyy simple plot.

What’s ESB?

Darthbx t1_j2fbsa0 wrote

Empire Strikes Back.

​

I remember Hanna cuz there was another similar movie at the time. I saw neither. I'll add it to my list of stuff to check out.