Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MARINE-BOY t1_j6amhfi wrote

I watched Martin Scorsese’s JFK documentary when I was like 13 years old with my friends in the cinema. It’s 2 hours long which doesn’t seem much these days but we it was the early 90’s and we were from a village in the UK countryside and didn’t even know much about JFK. I stayed for the whole thing even though my mates left as like everyone that age they were more into Arnie and Stallone action movies. I don’t know why I stayed but felt it was very high brow of me at the time. The closest I get to leaving the cinema is falling asleep. I watched Saving Private Ryan on Magic Mushrooms and to say that was an intense opening scene is probably the understatement of the year. Mushrooms allow you to become more emotionally engaged with whatever you are looking at as I found out to my horror once when I watched a tourist get dragged out the water at the full moon party on an island in Thailand. I spent an hour tripping balls watching them try to revive this German guy with a mullet whose belly was heavily swollen from water ingestion. The medical support on the island isn’t exactly first world and people were screaming for an ambulance which took an hour to arrive. I’m pretty sure he was dead already but at least I stayed to the end.