Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

blucthulhu t1_j6ntx6n wrote

I keep top tens for every year going back to 1970 on another site. Makes for handy reference.

My 1995 (alphabetical):

Before Sunrise, The City of Lost Children, The Doom Generation, Safe, Sense and Sensibility, Se7en, Twelve Monkeys, Underground, The Usual Suspects, Welcome to the Dollhouse

z63dan t1_j6nugvv wrote

You forgot about:

• Major Payne
  • Tank Girl
  • Tommy Boy
  • Waterworld (lol jk)
  • Goldeneye
  • Jumanji
  • Mr Holland's Opus

an_gem_21 t1_j6nul0x wrote

Babe? Did I miss something about this movie or does it just hold a special place in your heart?

Fukshit47 OP t1_j6nux6a wrote

You missed something about the movie. It’s a great film. And produced by George Miller (of Mad Max fame). It was nominated for multiple Oscars, including Best Picture!

a_man_hs_no_username t1_j6o6doa wrote

Definitely Crimson Tide

Perfectly paced, pretty close to peak Denzel and Gene Hackman, score by Hans Zimmer, Tony Scott directed with contributions from a number of legends (like Tarantino). Great supporting cast with Viggo Mortensen and Gandolfini. Probably my favorite movie set at sea.

Love making lists by year and 95 is one of the strongest.

Fukshit47 OP t1_j6o709j wrote

I need to revisit that one. Haven’t seen it in probably 20 years. I’d have to think about it longer, but for me off the top of my head in the moment, I’d go with the first Pirates movie and Master and Commander for favorite “at sea” flicks. But I do remember loving Crimson Tide.