Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

BrownMamba85 t1_j6ldq4e wrote

Include me please. I'm intrigued

might-be-your-daddy t1_j6lhq3d wrote

I found this story that covers several of the points.

I also read someplace that their goodbye kiss just before his fateful flight was more like siblings than lovers. As in, she turns her head to the side so he kisses her cheek instead of her lips.

not_so_subtle_now t1_j6lxmx1 wrote

That article was just fanfic. There was nothing on the "having an affair" end that the movie showed and the article mentioned.

staedtler2018 t1_j6mow77 wrote

It's bad as film analysis but it also doesn't really make sense factually.

>Four months have passed since the crash, and two years pass from the first date to their wedding date. Two years! Two years seems like an awfully short turnaround for a woman to be married when she’s not even sure if her fiancé is still alive or not.

A quick Google search tells me:

>By 25 months after the spouse's death 61% of men and 19% of women were either remarried or involved in a new romance.
>
>Younger age was a predictor of becoming involved in a new romance for women.

This is for all ages and younger people are more likely to be in a relationship so the actual odds of "this woman" (who it needs to be said, is a fictional creation) are at least higher than 20%.

might-be-your-daddy t1_j6ldyqs wrote

I'm looking for it now. So frustrating that I cannot remember exactly where I saw it, especially since it was not that long ago.

BrownMamba85 t1_j6le5k5 wrote

No worries. I'm the same way. I'll go down a rabbit hole so deep I lose track, and then I can't find my way back until I least expect it lol