Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

jeffmack01 t1_j6ofjqp wrote

Literally everything I said in my comments were objective observations. I'm not name-calling. I'm simply saying that what you are saying is wrong. You were stating things that you saw in the movie that simply aren't there. I'm sorry I didn't package these comments with more fluff and niceties.

Now I'll switch to the subjective. You are what's wrong with internet discussions. Yes, you. This was a perfectly civil discussion until your last reply. I was offering a counter-point to what I believe to be incorrect statements. You then replied with your counter-points. And as soon as I say "no interest in arguing", you start with the "arrogant" statement and commenting on my ego. You clearly read into my replies like I was somehow insulting you, when (again), I was pointing out objective errors in your statements. You're inserting attitude into my prior replies that simply wasn't there.

If I'm wrong, prove it. But I've seen this movie no fewer than 20 times. When you say I need to go back and rewatch the scene where he's collecting packages and later opening them, I remember them exactly. But I don't have any desire to dive into the details with you, because you'll somehow read into that as an insult.

But I do plan on re-watching this movie with my 7 year old sometime soon. When I watch it, I'll be sure and pay extra close attention to the scenes you referenced. If I notice anything other than what my memory contains, I'll come find this comment chain and eat crow.

Every brain cell I have says don't hit reply, but here goes...

−1

NotoriousREV t1_j6oudfp wrote

I’m not even going to read that wall of self-serving text.