Submitted by JT11erink t3_10ozub2 in movies

SOLVED: Hard Eight

It is a movie of a single man, I'm almost sure it is John C. Reily. It is around Vegas or somewhere in America where he is going to eat in a restaurant. And it is just a nice movie that just ripples through and has a nice atmosphere. If I remember correct there is just some issue where he is working on or looking for or something. Who does know which movie it could be?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Shootinputin89 t1_j6hmzkj wrote

JT11erink OP t1_j6hog3f wrote

Yes it is ! Thank you! It was weird I couldn't find it in his movie list.

Shootinputin89 t1_j6hpmuw wrote

Np! I love that movie, he is fantastic in it. Check out Magnolia (1999) for another good serious role of his.

JT11erink OP t1_j6i1pm6 wrote

Thank you I will put that one on my list as well!

sadnote101 t1_j6li53y wrote

came to mention Magnolia. He's great in it. Everyone is.

PhilipLiptonSchrute t1_j6hnku3 wrote

I haven't a clue, but can't wait for someone to answer.

On another serious role note, he's in the movie The Perfect Storm and plays a fisherman. Not the lead role, but a solid contributor throughout the film.

TimeWellWasted25 t1_j6i00rf wrote

John C Reilly is such a great actor in general, especially serious roles. I’ve always felt like people don’t give him the credit he deserves.

PhilipLiptonSchrute t1_j6i0bj6 wrote

Agreed. I think Walk Hard might be my favorite role of his. It's got a bit of everything and showcases a lot of his talent.

EDMElevatorguy t1_j6iet0l wrote

And honestly there’s no one I could’ve guessed to have aged as gracefully as him lol

jockc t1_j6jjsxq wrote

His portrayal of Dr. Steve Brule is genius

resdivinae t1_j6ix9qq wrote

He was very good in Gangs of New York and The Aviator.

Far-Whereas-1999 t1_j6jfd06 wrote

Gangs of New York is another serious role he did. Gets killed by Leonardo DiCaprio.

Nord4Ever t1_j6ig4hv wrote

Honestly I can’t picture him in a serious role.

−5

pleasereadthanks t1_j6j632c wrote

You just need to watch the many serious roles he has done throughout his career then you won't need to picture it.

HEHEHO2022 t1_j6k0934 wrote

watch more of his films then he has a handful of great serious performances