Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

stumpcity t1_j6fgc1w wrote

The Hollywood Reporter

Variety

Deadline

The Wrap

98% of all legitimate reporting on anything involving the movie industry comes from those four outlets. Every now and again more entertainment minded outlets will also get their own stories (Vanity Fair, New York Mag/Vulture, Rolling Stone, Entertainment Weekly) but usually if you just watch those four sites, you'll get almost everything that's legitimate news

Avoid "Geek Culture" oriented sites (IGN, Polygon, Slashfilm, Collider, etc) because they're almost always only just rewriting what comes from those four sites in the first place. Also avoid YouTubers (mostly grifters) TikTok-ers (they tend to get their news from YouTube, LOL) and Twitter "Scoopers" (they're frequently also YouTube Grifters that make shit up for the sake of securing Patreons).

dizaguirre OP t1_j6fiwwa wrote

I follow some of them on Instagram but I’ll have to check them out. Thanks

midnightbluesky_2 t1_j6ffkxu wrote

The Hollywood Reporter, and Indiewire are my two main outlets. They have good casting news, festival buzz, and awards talk.

dizaguirre OP t1_j6fiz38 wrote

Do they have apps or are they just websites?

midnightbluesky_2 t1_j6fkbw1 wrote

hmmm not sure about apps, but i follow them on social media and use their websites

wpmason t1_j6fikjt wrote

I like Collider’s YouTube feed.

But the real news is in the trades (The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, etc.)

PeterLopan t1_j6fl9nq wrote

I used to go to Screen Anarchy all the time. Don't know what state it is in currently. It was cool when I followed it.

Agreeable-Drop661 t1_j6fmm85 wrote

Beyond the Trailer on YouTube is pretty good. Some ppl find Grace, the host, annoying though.

WeDriftEternal t1_j6fqekz wrote

The bots auto-post most news here from variety/deadline/hollywood reporter/etc.'s twitter feeds, the posts just doesn't always stay at the top.

Defiant63 t1_j6ffl8p wrote

I don't have a specific app or website, but here's where I get my movie news:

1. Dan Murrell on YouTube

2. jstoobs on TikTok

3. straw_hat_goofy on TikTok

4. ScreenCrush on YouTube (more superhero movie tho)